Path of Healing Program
Although this program has been held in the USA, if there is sufficient interest, one may be held in Europe. Please send enquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Path of Healing, Part III:
Healing, Baraka and the Blessing Way
October 27-30, 2016 (Thursday - Sunday)
Saadi Neil Douglas-Klotz and Natalia Lapteva
(These weekends build upon one another and are primarily filled by a group committed to the entire program. It began in October 2014. There may be some one-off spaces available in the last module, only for those with a long experience in the Sufi path. Please inquire below.)
• Developing magnetism and distinguishing heart-energy from personal charisma;
• Tassawuri and attunement practice as a touchstone for discernment: "What is mine to do?"
• The Sufi way of baraka--developing centers of heart-blessing in one's home, community and life;
• Continuing development healthy boundaries and becoming a container and channel for healing energy;
• Learning to clear and strengthen the mind, to be used as a healing instrument;
• Introduction to Sufi Soulwork and similar methods of balancing and healing the inner self.
• Heartfulness: A Sufi approach to simple presence meditation.
• Advanced work with the Walking Meditations of Murshid Samuel Lewis: elements, centers, planets, symbols, inner self/selves, tassawuri;
• Pathways of the heart (wasifa), selected from the ‘99 Beautiful Names’ that encourage healing and accomplishment through concentation and magnetism in everyday life.
• Sitting meditation, the Sufi healing ritual, chant, zikr and Dances of Universal Peace will be also be included.
Overall Series Description:
“The secret of life is continual progress.”
--Hazrat Inayat Khan
Healing embraces many areas—from the deepest inner psychological work to developing magnetism and life energy, self-protection and healthy boundaries, and developing capacity to send blessing and healing energy. This three-session course is mainly grounded in teachings on healing from the Sufi tradition, in specific from Hazrat Inayat Khan and Murshid Samuel Lewis. Because the Sufis aim to see the One in all, we also include practices from others in the prophetic lineage, including the Aramaic Jesus. As appropriate we will also bring in the most recent scientific research on healing in relation to quantum cosmology.
All of the major features of healing in the classical Sufi tradition function in the Absent Healing Ritual of Hazrat Inayat Khan, and this will also be a major focus of our three-year program.
We have designed this course to help regular spiritual practitioners deepen in the basic elements of practice. Each weekend aims to be both broad and deep— broad in making connections with the essential roots of human spirituality, beyond religious or secular differences; deep in experiencing more of our inner life to discover what might help us become more healthy, joyful, peaceful and compassionate.
Although each weekend will have a special focus, all the sessions will include subjects from the list below. In each weekend, practices will include a variety of walking meditation, breath and body awareness, sitting meditation from various world traditions, inner psychological work, Sufi wasifa and zikr, chanting, Dances of Universal Peace and teaching stories.
Special focus for the three weekends:
- Self-healing, self-protection and boundaries.
- Breathing, healing body awareness; purification of mind and emotions.
- Becoming a channel for magnetism, tassawuri and attunement, sending blessing.
One of the large benefits of following such a course is to establish and deepen connections in a larger spiritual practice community during the duration of the course. This will be supported by assigned, shared practices in between sessions and shared discussion via a listserv. The listserv will only be open to those who have made a commitment to the entire three-year course. There will also be an extra option for online group consultation, webinar-style.
Location: Proctor Center, near Columbus, Ohio (http://www.procter.diosohio.org)
Dates: First meeting: October 30 – November 2, 2014.
Second meeting: October 29 - November 1, 2015
Third meeting: October 27- 30, 2016
Retreat Tuition: Tuition fees for each three-day retreat will be $375 plus room and board costs.
To Apply: Please use the Path of Healing application
Due to the limitation of numbers for the whole course, a non-refundable deposit of $175 must be paid upon acceptance. Some scholarship discounts are available, so please ask! Please indicate a request for this on the application form. Applications for an individual weekend (space available) will be taken eight weeks before it begins.